The importance of having SCF and of being a member
Strong political representation: SCF is dedicated to campaigning for crofters and fighting for the future of crofting, helping to shape crofting policies for the benefit of future generations of crofters and our communities.
“Without the SCF, crofting would look completely different, if it still existed at all.”
What you get as a member
As well as the benefits from dedicated political representation, you get:
- ‘The Crofter’ – a magazine full of useful resources and information for crofters; Young crofter members and overseas members receive a digital edition;
- Monthly e-newsletters, keeping you up-to-date with the latest news and policy developments;
- Members’ support service;
- Free dedicated crofting law helpline through crofting specialists Inksters Solicitors and 10% discount on legal fees when instructing Inksters;
- Training opportunities;
- Preferential rates with Marsh Commercial Insurers;
- Member discount with Nofence Grazing technology;
- The opportunity to promote your croft tourism business on the SCF website;
- The opportunity to market your croft produce with the unique ‘Scottish Crofting Produce’ label;
- A wide network of contacts for sharing experiences and sourcing information;
- A skills mentoring service;
- Assistance and guidance for those wanting to enter crofting;
- SCF membership events;
- Being a member of the UK’s largest association of small-scale food producers.
An individual member enjoys all the benefits at the rate of £72.
Young Crofter membership
Those of over 16 and under 41 years old can have a 50% discount on Individual Membership whilst enjoying all the benefits. The rate is therefore £36.
A second named person in the same household can have a 50% discount on Individual Membership whilst enjoying all the benefits, the rate for the two being only £108.
Existing members renew here
To renew your membership, simply select your membership category from the list below, enter your membership number and click the Pay Now button. Thank you for your continued support.
Donate to the SCF
Why do we ask for donations?
The Scottish Crofting Federation gives crofting strong political representation. We are the only organisation lobbying exclusively for the interests of crofters.
We are dedicated to campaigning for crofters and fighting for the future of crofting. By making a donation to the SCF you will be helping to safeguard and promote the rights, livelihoods and culture of crofters and their communities.
Your support is appreciated!