To register your interest in our training courses and receive email updates:
To subscribe to our mailing list
Please click on this link . . .
ACCESS TO CROFTING TOOLKIT COURSES
A classroom-based introduction to Scottish agriculture directly related to crofters and smallholders. Peer to peer support and a face to face training weekend with industry experts to give you a step up to starting out in crofting, taking on a croft or just to update your knowledge.
All our Access to Crofting Toolkit Courses cost £70 per person
- SKYE - Aros, Portree: 2 day course, 16th and 17th March 2019. FULLY BOOKED
- INVERNESS - Natural Vegetable Company, Inverness: 2 day course, 27th and 28th April 2019 FULLY BOOKED
BITESIZE SKILLS COURSES
A hands-on range of one day bite-sized skills courses for the croft, from fencing to fleece and everything in between, across the Highlands and Islands.
All our Bitesize Skills courses cost £40 per person unless otherwise stated
- Growing All Year Round in the Polytunnel: Saturday 16th Feb 2019 at Turriefield Croft, Sandness FULLY BOOKED
- Polytunnel Growing All Year Round: Saturday 23rd February 2019, Leckmelm, Ullapool. (Coigach & Assynt Living Landscape Partnership Scheme can offer free places to residents and/or crofters from Coigach & Assynt.) FULLY BOOKED
- Introduction to Practical Lambing: Saturday 20th April 2019, Conon Bridge, Dingwall.
- Introduction to Practical Lambing: Saturday 27th April 2019, Conon Bridge, Dingwall.
- Growing All Year Round in the Polytunnel: Saturday 16th March 2019, Torbreck, Inverness FULLY BOOKED
- Introduction to Beekeeping: Saturday 30th March 2019 at Glencanisp Lodge, Lochinver. (Coigach & Assynt Living Landscape Partnership Scheme can offer free places to residents and/or crofters from Coigach & Assynt.) FULLY BOOKED
PRINCE’S COUNTRYSIDE FUND - ADDED VALUE COURSES
No courses planned at present
TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
TOWNSHIP Training Event : COMMON GRAZINGS workshop
Saturday 23rd March 2019, Coigach Community Hall, Achiltibuie. 10.00am - 3.30pm
Local Course Director: Anne Campbell
This workshop is open to all with an interest in common grazings, Clerks, Committees and Common grazing shareholders. Using scenario modelling learn about the new grazings regulations and have your questions answered by tutor Arthur MacDonald.
The Scottish Crofting Federation are delighted to facilitate these part-funded development events for crofting townships, interest groups and grazings committees. If you are part of such a group and would like to access this support please get in touch to find out more!
Croft Visits, Visiting Speakers and Demo Days at your convenience!
Our training is available for aspiring, new and existing crofters and open to anyone with an interest in learning more about rural skills and crofting. Our courses are aimed at people interested in developing knowledge and skills in crofting, both for new entrants and to support existing crofters in best practice and improving performance.