To register your interest in our training courses and receive email updates:
To subscribe to our mailing list
Please click on this link . . .
ACCESS TO CROFTING TOOLKIT COURSES
A classroom-based introduction to Scottish agriculture directly related to crofters and smallholders. Peer to peer support and a face to face training weekend with industry experts to give you a step up to starting out in crofting, taking on a croft or just to update your knowledge.
All our Access to Crofting Toolkit Courses cost £70 per person.
- MORAY - The Station Hotel, Rothes: 2 day course, 17th and 18th November 2018. FULLY BOOKED
- SKYE - Aros, Portree: 2 day course, 16th and 17th March 2019.
- INVERNESS - Natural Vegetable Company, Inverness: 2 day course, 27th and 28th April 2019
BITESIZE SKILLS COURSES
A hands-on range of one day bite-sized skills courses for the croft, from fencing to fleece and everything in between, across the Highlands and Islands.
- SHETLAND - Growing All Year Round in the Polytunnel on Saturday 16th Feb 2019 at Turriefield Croft, Sandness
LOOK OUT for MORE COURSES in the New Year
PRINCE’S COUNTRYSIDE FUND - ADDED VALUE COURSES
No courses planned at present
TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
TOWNSHIP TRAINING EVENT
- SUTHERLAND - The Kyle Centre, Tongue - Common Grazings Workshop with Arthur MacDonald on Wednesday 12th December 2018
This Half day workshop is open to all with an interest in common grazings, Clerks, Committees and common grazing shareholders. Using scenario modelling learn about new grazing regulations and have your questions answered by tutor Arthur MacDonald.
The Scottish Crofting Federation are delighted to facilitate these part-funded development events for crofting townships, interest groups and grazings committees. If you are part of such a group and would like to access this support please get in touch to find out more!
Croft Visits, Visiting Speakers and Demo Days at your convenience!
Our training is available for aspiring, new and existing crofters and open to anyone with an interest in learning more about rural skills and crofting. Our courses are aimed at people interested in developing knowledge and skills in crofting, both for new entrants and to support existing crofters in best practice and improving performance.