To register your interest in our training courses and receive email updates:
To subscribe to our mailing list
Please click on this link . . .
ACCESS TO CROFTING TOOLKIT COURSES
A classroom-based introduction to Scottish agriculture directly related to crofters and smallholders. Peer to peer support and a face to face training weekend with industry experts to give you a step up to starting out in crofting, taking on a croft or just to update your knowledge.
All our Access to Crofting Toolkit Courses cost £70 per person
- SKYE - Aros, Portree: 2 day course, 16th and 17th March 2019.
- INVERNESS - Natural Vegetable Company, Inverness: 2 day course, 27th and 28th April 2019
BITESIZE SKILLS COURSES
A hands-on range of one day bite-sized skills courses for the croft, from fencing to fleece and everything in between, across the Highlands and Islands.
All our Bitesize Skills courses cost £40 per person unless otherwise stated
- WESTER ROSS - An Introduction to Peatland Restoration on Saturday 2nd February 2019 at the Macphail Centre, Ullapool. Classroom based with an afternoon field visit.
- SHETLAND - Growing All Year Round in the Polytunnel on Saturday 16th Feb 2019 at Turriefield Croft, Sandness
- ASSYNT - Introduction to Beekeeping on Saturday 30th March 2019 at Glencanisp Lodge, Lochinver. (Coigach & Assynt Living Landscape Partnership Scheme can offer free places to residents and/or crofters from Coigach & Assynt.) FULLY BOOKED
PRINCE’S COUNTRYSIDE FUND - ADDED VALUE COURSES
No courses planned at present
TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
The Scottish Crofting Federation are delighted to facilitate these part-funded development events for crofting townships, interest groups and grazings committees. If you are part of such a group and would like to access this support please get in touch to find out more!
Croft Visits, Visiting Speakers and Demo Days at your convenience!
Our training is available for aspiring, new and existing crofters and open to anyone with an interest in learning more about rural skills and crofting. Our courses are aimed at people interested in developing knowledge and skills in crofting, both for new entrants and to support existing crofters in best practice and improving performance.